BCN Re.Set, 7 architectural facilities commemorate the Tricentenari
There can be no better ambassador than the architect, Benedetta Tagliabue, to commemorate the Tricentenari (1714-2014). Why?
Because she is a clear example that Barcelona has power, has pull; Barcelona attracts you and does not let you go. Its streets, its people, its culture, its art... An Italian architect who came to visit and decided to stay.
And today, 2014, the Enric Miralles Foundation opens a circuit of ephemeral architecture in the street, with the help of Àlex Ollé (La Fura dels Baus), in an original and highly visual opening ceremony to inaugurate BCN Re.Set. Internationally renowned architects have worked shoulder to shoulder with Catalan architecture universities to construct 7 concepts on 7 landmarks of Ciutat Vella:
- The Ciutadella wall - Parc de la Ciutadella. Benedetta Tagliabue & Àlex Ollé
- Identity - Plaça Nova. Architect: Urbanus, in collaboration with: Escuela de Arquitectura La Salle Campus Barcelona (URL)
- Liberty - Plaça Salvador Seguí. Architect: Anupama Kundoo, in collaboration with: Institut d'Arquitectura Avançada de Catalunya (IAAC)
- Europe - Plaça del Mar. Architect: Alfredo Brillembourg & Hubert Klumpner (ETH Zürich 6 Urban-Think Tank), in collaboration with: ESARQ (UIC)
- Diversity - Plaça dels Àngels. Architect: Estudio Odile Decq, in collaboration with: Recetas Colectivas, directed by Santiago Cirugeda and a group of architecture students
- Democracy - Plaça de la Mercè. Architect: Peter Cook and Yael Reisner, in collaboration with: Straddle 3, led by David Juárez
- Memory - Arc de Triomf. Architect: Grafton Arquitechs, in collaboration with: ELISAVA (UPF)
Don't miss it; BCN Re.Set will be here until 11 September!
photos by Marcela Grassi