INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
Owing to the coming into force of the landmark modification to the “Information Society Services Law” (LSSICE) determined by Royal Decree 13/2012, it is necessary to obtain the specific consent of the user of all websites which use dispensable cookies before he browses them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels are tools deployed by the Web servers to store and recover information about their visitors, as well as to provide the smooth operation of the site.
By using these devices, the Web server can remember some data about the user such as his/her preferences when viewing the pages of this server, name and password, products most of interest to him/her etc.
COOKIES AFFECTED BT THE REGULATIONS AND COOKIES EXCLUDED
According to the EU directive, cookies which require the informed consent of the user are analytical cookies and advertising and affiliate cookies, excluding those of a technical nature and those required for the operation of the website or the rendering of services specifically requested by the user.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
As regards the types of cookies, there are five major groups:
- Analytical Cookies: they gather information about the usage made of the website.
- Social cookies: they are required for external social media.
- Affiliate tracking cookies: they allow tracking to be carried out of the visits deriving from other websites and in this way the website determines an affiliation contract (affiliation companies).
- Advertising and behavioural Cookies: they gather information about the preferences and personal choices of the user (retargeting).
- Technical and functional Cookies: these are those strictly necessary for usage of the website and for the rendering of the services contracted.
COOKIES WHICH ARE USED AT THIS WEBSITE
- _ga and _gid: Google Analytics cookie which enables the single visits control function. The first time a user enters the website using a browser, this cookie shall be installed. When this user enters the website again with the same browser, the cookie shall assume that it is the same user. Only in the event that the user changes browser shall another user be assumed. It only expires 2 years after the last update.
- _gat: this cookie is associated with Google Analytics Universal. It is used to limit the request speed – the limitation of data gathering in high-traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.
- _lang: a cookie which is technically and strictly necessary which contains the session language. It is eliminated upon closing the browser.
- beaker.session.id: a cookie which is technically and strictly necessary which contains the session identifier. It allows visitors to be identified. It is eliminated upon closing the browser.
- cocktail.csrf_protection_token: a cookie which is technically and strictly necessary which allows CSRF (Cross-site request forgery) attacks to be avoided. It is eliminated upon closing the browser.
REVOCATION OF CONSENT TO INSTALL COOKIES - HOW TO DELETE COOKIES FROM THE BROWSER
For information about Chrome press here: http://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
Internet Explorer. Version 11
For information about Internet Explorer press here: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-419/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
Firefox. Version 18
You may accept or reject cookies individually under Firefox Preferences, in the History Section available under Tools > Options > Privacy.
For information about Mozilla Firefox, press here: https://www.mozilla.org/es-ES/privacy/websites/#cookies
Safari Version 5.1
For information about Safari, press here: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
The cookies’ options control the way in which Opera handles them and hence their acceptance or rejection.
For information about Opera, press here: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
Consult the documentation for the browser you have installed.